Cats and dogs are known for spending the large part of their day sleeping in their pet bed. The reason why they do that is still accurately known, but the point is apparent that your pets will need some comfy place to lie on. Does your puppy sleep on the couch? Why not get him a bed that will help prevent that act and allow for restful, fantastic night sleep? Choosing such an accessory can be challenging without a proper understanding of what to get for your pup. Let’s discuss more on what to consider when buying a puppy bed and some suitable ones.
Do you want to find out about more interesting dog products? Read all our product blogs!
Things to Consider In a Puppy Bed
Before you move to Amazon or any other pet store to acquire that bed, have an idea of what it should entail or look like. Several factors dictate the quality and efficiency of a puppy bed. Here are some things to put into account:
- Size of both the bed and puppy. The first factor to consider is whether you need a temporary fitting bed or one that the pup will grow into. Some dogs like Siberian husky enlarge with time, making a larger bed perfect while others like Terrier can just fit in a puppy bed for life. A smaller bed also offers more comfort and security for your little friend at this life stage.
- Puppy’s breed and character. Is he short-haired and can get cold quickly or long-haired increasing vulnerability to overheating? Choose a bed that will best suit these conditions. What of the behavior? Is your pup a burrower, chewer, or given to digging? A hard-to-chew bed can help. Anxious pups do well to be placed in covered beds for extra security.
- Water-resistance. A waterproof bed will be ideal for puppies as they might be prone to wet themselves, making them uncomfortable. This feature is also suitable for those still undergoing potty training.
- Material. Choose beds made of pup-friendly materials like memory foam. These should be of high-quality, soft, and cozy. Dogs with hip dysplasia issues will appreciate orthopedic memory foam.
- Easy care. Getting a bed that’s not only appropriate but also requires little effort maintaining is exceptional. Either the cover should be removable to enable proper washing, or if not, it should be easy to clean.
- Support. This isn’t a significant thing to look for but can improve comfort and sense of security. A bed that supplies head and neck support is golden and will be highly appreciated.
A classic bed does not only provide your pet with relaxing and sound night sleep. It also gives him the feeling of owning a personal space and being independent, which helps reduce even separation anxiety whenever you’re away.
Best Puppy Beds
The pet accessory market is flooded with several beds that you can acquire for pups. This makes it challenging to know which ones are the best choices. Providing a full list of all the available ones can be difficult. Knowing what to look for, as discussed above, can help no matter where you buy them. Below are my suggestions for some best puppy beds you could opt for based on the listed considerations:
- PetFusion Memory Foam Dog Bed. This is an excellent puppy bed with two inches of memory foam for ultimate comfort. It has a removable cover that’s machine washable and is water and tear-resistant. Look it up on amazon.
- FurHaven Snuggery Burrow Bed. This cave-like bed provides an ultra-comfy feel and a private place for your pet to relax. It’s a perfect choice for nervous or anxious pups as it offers them safety and protection. Its orthopedic faux-fur cushion and egg-crate form are meant to soothe your little buddy. It also has removable covering for smooth cleaning. Interested? You can order it on Amazon!
- Hollypet Pet Bed. It’s a suitable sleeping bag for cats and small-sized dogs like Papillon and is designed for all-season use. Mainly made of polyester peach skin and polyurethane foam filling, which are very soft and warm. The fabric gives the ultimate coziness and is washable. Above all, its lightweight nature allows for portability. You can get this puppy bed on Amazon as well!
- Powerking Dog Bed. In need of a full-feature packed bed? Try Powerking available on Amazon and give your little pooch an excellent sleeping experience. It’s soft and comfortable, has a neck & head support, water-resistant, and very simple to care for. You can machine wash it. It’s made of two sides suitable for all seasons; one waterproof oxford fabric on the exterior side for spring or summer, and the other interior soft fleece side for autumn or winter. You can check it out on Amazon via this link!
- Petmaker Elevated Pet Bed. This is an ideal solution for long-haired pups as it’s designed to prevent overheating. It is elevated seven to nine inches above the ground allowing for air circulation below it and keeping it well-ventilated. The high position also minimizes contact with mites, ticks, and other carpet crawlers. Besides being ideal for long-haired dogs it’s also suited for outside use. You can order the Petmaker Elevated Pet Bed on Amazon.
- Pet Magasin Thermal Self-Warming Puppy Mat. Pups with less furry hair will find this option incredible. It offers a warm, comfy, secure place. The hypoallergenic foam padding creates more of this comfort. It also contains a rubberized bottom that’s slip-free to prevent sliding. Although the images shows a cat, it is also suited for dogs!
- Majestic Suede Bagel Bed. Like its name, this splendid bed is undoubtedly a must-have for your dog. It’s a fantastic bolster bed with raised edges that pups can cuddle against. The base is sturdy and waterproof while the cushion is made of durable, comfy suede. It’s a machine washable, but non-dryer bed.
- Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave. For lovers of burrowing and nervous ones, the snoozer cave is the way to go. It’s covered to avail of space for cuddling into. Most dog owners love this bed as do their little dogs. It has a soft and versatile cover with a removable brass-zippered inner layer you can toss in the washer. The fabric is awesome lined with smooth Sherpa that resembles lamb wool on the inside and suede on the outside. This enhances warmth and a sense of safety.
The Bottom Line
Pet care is our responsibility, and we’re supposed to carry it out effectively. Those in agreement find providing the best accessories to their cats and dogs simple. No doubt, these lovely animals appreciate every effort we make to make them feel safe and comfortable. Did you have trouble finding the best puppy dog? Well, you have the solution now. Did not find the right bed? Maybe a blanket is more for your dog.